In today’s fast-paced market, it’s more important than ever to be prepared when you begin your home search. Here are some ways to keep the house hunting process running smoothly:
- Clear your schedule & be ready to view homes ASAP! Stay flexible and be prepared to tour a home as soon as it becomes available because listings aren’t staying on the market long.
- Discuss offer strategies with your lender & Realtor® before looking at homes. Have your strategy and plan ready to go so when you find the right home you can submit your offer quickly!
- Know your options for making your offer competitive. Almost everything is negotiable in a real estate transaction, so get creative. In addition to price, consider altering things like your terms, dates, inclusions/exclusions or even contingencies to strengthen your offer.
- Understand the local comps before touring homes. Having a base knowledge of area sales will help you understand whether or not a home is priced well, and will help you make those quick decisions needed for securing your dream home.
- Be prepared to make a few offers before securing THE ONE. In our current market, it’s very likely you may submit a few offers before one is finally accepted, but don’t get discouraged! The right home will come along. It always does!
- Keep saving! Because, why not? Extra funds never hurt anyone 🙂